Re: Turn of BFO mod

Gordon Gibby

My car makes a really poor boat, also.    Maybe they should have designed it better?   (grin)
Gordon

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 8:44 PM Reed N <greenkid336600+groupsio@...> wrote:
There are two things being said, but let me hopefully make the distinction clear.

The stock uBiTX does not have an AM receiving mode, that decodes AM signals "properly", using an amplitude detector.

However, SSB mode can be used to listen to AM signals just fine, since ignoring the existing carrier and half of the bandwidth doesn't prevent the SSB from correctly decoding the half that it does use. I used my local AM 1000kHz station a lot to initially calibrate, and the talk radio is perfectly intelligible.

Reed