Re: Turn of BFO mod

Jeff Debes

Not  tuning AM
Largely defeats the need /advantage / joy of general a coverage receiver that can’t receive AM.
But I bought the rig for use on the ham bands so I don’t  mind.
Jeff

On May 28, 2020, at 5:25 PM, ajparent1/kb1gmx <kb1gmx@...> wrote:

Jeff,

No, no and no.

Reasons the filter is less than 2.5Khz wide so even with a diode detector it would
sound really muddy.  AM really wants AGC, no got.   FM wants a wider filter as
well though its mostly a 10M thing.

Or you can tune in the AM and zero beat the carrier and listen to AM.
The digital VFO is stable enough to stay within a few HZ for days.

Allison
No direct email, it goes to bit bucket due address harvesting in groups.IO

--
jeff.debes@...