Re: Highlighting band selected

Jeff Debes

Bill, Tony,

Thanks for the advice.
To be clear: I have a confirmed QSO where the op copied me on LSB and USB with out me changing any settings.
Is that still a possible symptom for misaligned BFO?
If so fine. I will try again at home with a PC.
I want to say that the kit is sold as a working board, & the buyer is trusting that it is working, that it was tested properly. What if it is not? That will happen.
Documentation clarity for engineers is one matter, and appears to be simple enough, for casual builders it may need to differ.
A support group such as this is fine for resolving many issues , but it should not be the only recourse.
Why do so many users come back here to ask questions? ( the documentation is not adequate?)
Personally, I’m used to building non-digital circuits/radios. There is operability simplicity , excellent ease of use, and clarity in analog radio circuits.
Anyway
Thanks everyone for the advice. I will try the suggestions.

Jeff

On May 28, 2020, at 9:25 AM, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have to agree with Tony and the others on this. A misaligned BFO will produce the same symptoms on *ANY* radio like this one (includeing those with four figure price tags). I have worked on a few for other hams and the BFO way way far off on the ones with these symptoms.

If you are unable to get it working you might find somebody on here to get it going for you. I think you should try to get it working yourself. I did not find any deficiencies in the instructions.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 5/28/20 8:27 AM, Tony Vandenborn wrote:
Jeff
When you study the uBITX block diagram, and understand it, you can clearly see it is rather impossible that your radio receives/transmits both sidebands same time. You really have to align the BFO and master oscillator frequencies, your kit is not defective!
Tony
Op do 28 mei 2020 om 14:18 schreef Jeff Debes <jeff.debes@... <mailto:jeff.debes@...>>:
Ok Stephen,
I will think about trying it.
I used to do a small bit or arduino programming but that is not
something i want to get back into.
Right now though I need to know why my radio only works as double
sideband. I don’t think its an alignment problem, I have doubts
that tuning will cure the issue.
I hope someone has ideas on what might be wrong else I might want to
return this unit to HD Sigs as defective.
Jeff
On May 28, 2020, at 7:28 AM, Stephen KO4CVU
<@KO4CVU <mailto:@KO4CVU>> wrote:

Jeff, I can vouch for Reed’s software. It makes a great
improvement in the operation and control of the touchscreen.
Downloading and installing It was my first experience working with
an Arduino Nano, (although I did have some experience with
programmable logic controllers years ago.) If I can do it, it must
not be too hard! :) I will be happy to share my notes about the
process with you, if you’d like them.
-- *jeff.debes@... <mailto:jeff.debes@...>*
--
bark less - wag more