Re: uBitX V6 only transmits double sideband

Jeff Debes

Thanks for the reply Arv!

Just got it assembled yesterday.
I made an ECARS  contact this morning
and the operator said that I was transmitting a double sideband signal.
I’m confused about how/where to find specific uBitX  V6  setup instructions.

Jeeze, I could write up more accurate assemble directions myself. I know that the uBitX kits are low cost but clear directions would save a whole lot of  frustration and repeat questions and improve the view of these kits. Its documentation QC is lacking.

Most likely I have at least one thing setup
the wrong way.

On hardware or software installed:
No other hardware installed, no software. Its just as it came in the mail.
It always ( for the 15 hours i've had it operating) has receive tuned both sidebands one  unintelligible but as audible in sound as the other,   and  I assume has been transmitting on both sidebands.
Thanks again for responding.
I’ve written HF Sigs to ask questions, give feedback....... they should hear it also.

Jeff

On May 27, 2020, at 1:25 PM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

Jeff  AC2JB

Carrier imbalance and/or unbalanced mixer/modulator could be problems.
Improper BFO versus carrier settings can cause this problem.  Try redoing
the frequency alignment steps.

How are you determining that it is DSB and not SSB?  When you tune your
uBITX V6 across a weak carrier, can you hear carrier on both sides of
zero-beat, or just on one side?

What hardware mods have you installed?
What software mods have you installed?
Did it ever work properly?
When did the problem occur?

Arv K7HKL
_._

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:09 AM Jeff Debes <jeff.debes@...> wrote:
Hi,
Anyone have insight as to why my uBitX V6 only transmits double sideband ?
Also only receiving both sidebands I beleive.
It seems to work ok otherwise.
If It defective I want to send it back.
Thanks
Jeff  AC2 JB