Re: Nextion Display on uBITX #ubitx #nextion

Jack, W8TEE

Aaron:

Chapter 6 of my Arduino Projects for Amateur Radio book has a PS2 keyboard/keyer. If you or a friend wish to build one, I'd be happy to send you the chapter.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 6:55:40 PM EDT, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

Hi Aaron,

If anybody gives you a lot crap about using a keyboard refer them to me!
No..I don't use a keyboard. Nobody gives me any crap for being too old
fashioned <sly grin>. I see small-minded people in every endeavor. We
always offer them a helping hand but do not tolerate any 'load of crap'.
There is that old fashioned term again. You do not need an excuse to use
a keyboard or a computer to do CW. If you need one or else have to give
up CW (because you like it) then please use a keyboard and/or computer.
See you on the air. I once had a nice rag chew with ham in PA - CW of
course. About 45 minutes unto the QSO he told matter-of-fact that he is
completely deaf! He had made a device form a speaker voice coil and
'felt' the code with his fingertips. Do whatever works for *you*.

There are so many ways to enjoy the hobby that I can't see any two hams
doing it exactly the same way. And that is one of ham radio's strong
points:) Most of us encourage and support one another.

I will get off the soapbox now. I need to dismantle it and use the
boards to make a cabinet for my homebrew DX-100 clone <wicked grin>.

73,

BillĀ  KU8H

--
bark less - wag more