Re: Nextion Display on uBITX #ubitx #nextion

Bill Cromwell

Hi Aaron,

If anybody gives you a lot crap about using a keyboard refer them to me! No..I don't use a keyboard. Nobody gives me any crap for being too old fashioned <sly grin>. I see small-minded people in every endeavor. We always offer them a helping hand but do not tolerate any 'load of crap'. There is that old fashioned term again. You do not need an excuse to use a keyboard or a computer to do CW. If you need one or else have to give up CW (because you like it) then please use a keyboard and/or computer. See you on the air. I once had a nice rag chew with ham in PA - CW of course. About 45 minutes unto the QSO he told matter-of-fact that he is completely deaf! He had made a device form a speaker voice coil and 'felt' the code with his fingertips. Do whatever works for *you*.

There are so many ways to enjoy the hobby that I can't see any two hams doing it exactly the same way. And that is one of ham radio's strong points:) Most of us encourage and support one another.

I will get off the soapbox now. I need to dismantle it and use the boards to make a cabinet for my homebrew DX-100 clone <wicked grin>.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 5/20/20 5:28 PM, Aaron K5ATG via groups.io wrote:
Thanks Bill.
I am venturing into CW. Due to neurological damage that I have, I am unable to send CW, however, I can receive pretty good by ear. I'm looking into setting up a cw keyboard. My main workhorse is my most beloved Elecraft K2 QRP version. I know many people consider using a keyboard to send CW is cheating, but hey if it is the only way that I can use that mode then what can I do? Everyone has the right to have their own opinion and I would never want to change that.
I have befriended the good sir Ashhar Farhan via email. I wanted a radio to play around and experiment with such as the BITX40 but he stopped production of that. He talked me into homebrewing a BItX 20. So I ended up buying his Antuino and uBITX probably as much to support what he is doing in India as much as wanting the equipment.
--
bark less - wag more