Re: Getting enough power to check SWR with BITx40

jim

Try a "two-tone tester" ..more consistant results than the "ahhhhj" method

Jim

On Sunday, May 17, 2020, 9:27:08 AM PDT, Scott <sskroch@...> wrote:

Thanks to every one that replied to my question.  I now understand that for single side band the power should be very low (or zero) with no microphone input (which is consistent with my observations).  My son and I can work out the details of how to get a signal into the radio for making the measurements.  I will take a look at implementing a CW mod for the BITx40, I have seen instructions for this online. Introducing a tone into the mic might get my son up and running the fastest.

Thanks,
Scott