Re: Si5351 RF signal generator. #SI5351 #RF #Signal Generator #si5351 #rf #signal

Arv Evans

On most signal generators the sine wave only survives until you connect it
to something.  Maybe a receiver input would retain the sine wave, but if the
signal generator is driving a diode that would distort the wave shape.  If the
impedance is not perfectly matched, that would distort the wave shape.

The answer really is "maybe" and depends on what you want to use it for.
Knowledge of what you have and what you want to get from it is required
for signal generators, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and other test equipment.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 9:48 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
Well, if you know to expect it, you can ignore it. No test instrument is perfect and truthful all work with limitations. To circumvent the harmonic problems, I built the Antuino.
- f

On Sun 10 May, 2020, 8:24 PM Tony W via groups.io, <zeldone=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I think the results would be too confusing if used as a signal generator. I use one here as an analogue vfo replacement, but I used a low pass filter on the output so I get the same sine wave out of it as I do on the old analogue vfo. I think that is the only way to use it as a sig gen.
Regards
Tony, G4CIZ