Si5351 RF signal generator. #SI5351 #RF #Signal Generator #si5351 #rf #signal

ashok.das81@...

Hi all,

I was hoping to make a RF signal generator using SI5351. Similar projects already done as I found in internet.

https://kk9jef.wordpress.com/2017/07/10/si5351-signal-generator/
https://wb8nbs.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/arduino-si5351-powered-signal-generator/
https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Frequency-Synthesiser-Using-160MHz-Si5351/

My question is SI5351 is a clock generator and it generated Square wave. I wanted to say that it doesn't generate a clean sine wave. If I try to do testing of RF circuits using this will not there be problem due to harmonics ? Will it be sufficient for testing of circuits for HF ? The testing is in my home lab and not in any professional environment. Or should I go for a sine wave generator like AD9850 ? I need your suggestion before start on this project.

Thanks & Regards
Ashok Das