Re: UBITX v6.1: Function of USB/LSB Side Band Selection

James George <ki0ad2@...>

Mine acts the same way

On Tue, 5 May 2020, 8:29 a.m. Stephen KO4CVU, <goinfishin1952@...> wrote:
Another question from a newbie. I apologize in advance for my ignorance and for failing to find any article(s) that may already exist that answer my questions.
Does the side band selection of USB or LSB affect only the transmission function?
I have repeated the BFO & frequency adjustment procedure outlined in Ashur’s video several times. I cannot hear any difference between the receive audio after tuning in a voice broadcast when I change from the LSB to the USB setting. (I am comparing my uBITX experience to my experience with an RTL-SDR dongle on my laptop where the selection does make a difference.) Changing to CW on the uBITX v6.1 does make a difference in what I hear when listening to CW broadcasts.
Are there any other adjustment or troubleshooting instructions that I need to follow to set up and adjust the v6.1 so that it will operate properly?
Thanks for your patience.
Sincerely,
Stephen