Re: VU2SPF - TFT_TouchScreen_for_uBitx -- CAT, Split, UP/Down Scan, V2.9BU Released with New User Manual

Joe

What driver did you select in the arduino code? You need to ensure one of the define is selected. The one you choose would match your display boards driver number.
Which mcufriend test examples displayed.

Joe
VE1BWV

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020, 10:13 PM Patrick Pugh Sawian via groups.io <patrick_pugh2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes Joe is correct, it plugs in to both the uno and 2560 Mega. Displays fine on both too. Example tests run fine on both. It's just the touchscreen that doesn't work. Display is fine. Won't work on Uno as vfo controller though since all pins are used by the display alone. Is the touchscreen lib wrong or has the sketch picked the wrong lib? Please help.

73ees
Pat
VU2OGA

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 10:05 PM, Joe
Yes it will plug into uno and atmega2560

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020, 1:20 PM Jack, W8TEE via groups.io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If the display shown at the bottom of the post is the ATmega2560 display, a dollar to a doughnut it will plug directly into an Uno.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, April 30, 2020, 11:11:14 AM EDT, Joe <joeman2116@...> wrote:

The display as Jack mention is not the type used for our project
The tft displays we use plug directly into the atmega 2560

See picture of display rear:

Joe VE1BWV

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020, 11:06 AM Jack, W8TEE via groups.io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Pat:

The display is a "plug-in" for an Arduino Uno. Looking at the back, I don't see the control lines for a touch screen device. Do you get output when you run a sample program?

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, April 30, 2020, 12:28:58 AM EDT, Patrick Pugh Sawian via groups.io <patrick_pugh2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

HI Jack and Joe,

Thanks a ton for your prompt replies. The MCU friend TFT I used is the 3.2 inch OPen smart based on HX8352B. The libraries I used are attached with this email along with photos of the display used.

Am eagerly awaiting your reply.

73es
Pat
VU2OGA

On Thursday, April 30, 2020, 12:14:08 AM GMT+5:30, Joe <joeman2116@...> wrote:

You need to select what chipset is on your tft.
The default maybe not be compatible with your chipset.

If you dont know which one you are using  use mcu friend test examples to find it and screen and touch info.
In the arduino code in user settings
You can select one of several chipsets
In my case I use a elego tft from amazon
So I select it in the code otherwise I get no touch screen.

Joe
VE1BWV

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, 2:00 PM Patrick Pugh Sawian via groups.io <patrick_pugh2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

I uploaded the sketch to the 2560 mega with the mcufriend 3.2 inch using 3.20pu version and the new 5.1version software by VU2SPF but the touchcreen does not work. Please help.

73ees,
Pat
VU2 OGA

--