Re: Setting up a comprehensive station

Gordon Gibby

Here’s a search where I didn’t presume knowledge of the fix:

On Apr 30, 2020, at 17:51, Gordon Gibby via groups.io <docvacuumtubes@...> wrote:

I did a simple Google search, and came up with a whole slew of hits, several of which I wrote myself

<image0.png>

On Apr 30, 2020, at 17:45, Thomas Sharka via groups.io <sharkatw@...> wrote:

Have you tried using the "search sites" ability of Google? For example, "mail.yahoo.com: bitx" (no quotes) will return all hits on Yahoo mail that match bitx.

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

On Thursday, April 30, 2020, 05:16:41 PM EDT, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:

All,

I have done multiple searches on Groups.io.  From that empirical data I have surmised that the text of the post is not being searched, only the title and hashtags.  That is not really helpful unless everyone adds hashtags to the message title.  I  think that is too much to ask of the new user, and I do not know how to do so in a reply.  Maybe we need "Potential Elmer" training as well

Until I learn more, I will try to share what I think I know.  I only ask that corrections be respectful and not flaming.

73
Evan
AC9RU