Re: Keeping the finals cool

Tom VE3THR

A few of us have tried dc fans of every type on vers 4 boards and found the rf interference terrible. These fans when powered from the same DC power source results in terrible noise directly proportional to fan speed. We have not found the correct combo of electrolytics and resistors/choke.
In my case, I mounted the two IRF210's via mica insulators to an aluminum block in turn mounted to the rear metal back panel - no heat issue and no noise or fan.
Always was wondering about the fan noise so here we are!
73 Tom