Re: Furlough 40 SSB Transceiver Project #homebrew

Ashhar Farhan

Fabulous, Dean!
I like that you have split it up into blocks that you can snap out and replace with other blocks. Good stuff. Pete is a meticulous builder and his circuits are fail proof.
- f

On Wed 22 Apr, 2020, 6:42 AM Dean Souleles, <dsouleles@...> wrote:
Hi all -

Not a BITX but perhaps a cousin ...

This is a 100% homebrew project that I recommend form Pete, N6QW's SimpleSSB design.  Only 9 transistors across 9 modules.  This was my first ever transceiver project and only my second project ever - after a Michigan Mighty Mite 7 component crystal controlled CW transmitter than I made in half a day last December.  Here is the first transceiver demonstration of my "Furlough 40" 100% homebrew 40 meter transceiver.

If I can do it, you can too!

Here is the blog post with a video of the first QSO...

Furlough 40 First Rag Chew QSO

Cheers and 73,

Dean
KK4DAS