Re: Off topic question

Ken Hansen

"Technically" the battery has to be charged off an alternative power source, not commercial power mains, to qualify under ARRL rules, but I'm not sure how many people follow that rule and just assume battery power alone is enough.

Personally, I'd lean towards battery-backed solar power from your own panel, since you have everything you'd need, and it is closest to the spirit or intention of Field Day.

Ken, N2VIP

On Apr 18, 2020, at 13:34, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:

I unfortunately can’t verify the 100%. I could charge a battery beforehand. I have a solar panel if it comes to it.