Re: Heatsink question #v6

BruceN

I might mention that if you have some old junk PC power supplies, you can salvage these isolation kits from them.  These supplies have several transistors isolated from their heatsinks.  At 3 bucks apiece new, getting these is worth the effort.  You can find junk power supplies at almost any computer repair shop or Habitat Restores and secondhand shops that have old PC's.  I've a good supply of isolation kits from salvage.  Just remember to use some thermal paste.

BruceN / K4TQL
--
"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  -- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)