Re: uBitx V5 can't make a contact on ft8

Curt

Gavin

At that height your radiation will mostly be straight up. The ground connection should matter little for radiation,  its to bleed off static charge to prevent rig damage. I sometimes use an EFHW at about 30 feet for its middle, but generally use my vertical antenna for 40m ft8 and ft4. With the heavy qsb we experience now, its not easy to make ft8 contacts unless the band is propagating well. Sometimes you can't qso a few hundred miles but then you contact many thousand miles. Learn about antennas and improve to what you fan erect there. late in Spring watch for 10m E skip, build a 10m dipole, moxon or quad.

Curt wb8yyy