Re: uBitx V5 can't make a contact on ft8

Mick

Gavin,
I agree with Scott’s antenna suggestion. Another improvement I discovered was to use a USB dongle sound device (see below, the one I use) The sound volume and quality are greatly improved compared to direct to computer connection.
You will have to make sure the PTT connection from the dongle is disconnected or it will constantly trigger your TX.
I eventually mounted a second set of 3.5mm jacks on the back of my rig (wired to the audio jack) through a selector switch (Dpdt on-off-on) on the front of my rig.

Mick VA3EPM