Re: Fun Microphone

Ted

Anytime I try to put a condenser element into any other microphone, I'll find some soft foam padding in a sheet or in a block that I can cut into a neat piece to fill the inside the subject microphone head.  The outside edge of the foam can be trimmed until the condenser element fits without making any kind of physical contact with any covers or sides or whatever.

One then simply needs to wire the microphone element consistent with the uBitx wiring plan, and attach the push-to-talk lever to the push-to-talk circuitry of the uBitx as well.   There are some cheap and easy-to-wire-in compressor and preamp boards out there, that would give the big-mike sound (or at least let you hold the whole mike stand a short distance away from your face).

Ted
K3RTA