Re: Nextion cec sotware problem

Joe Puma

Try and free up as much memory as you can in the editor.  Maybe compress the images a little.

The graphs take a lot of memory so if they enhanced that part of the editor in later versions I can see you getting memory errors. The layout was already close to maxing out its memory. I’ve had a hard time with that trying to expand a cec hmi to larger size.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Mar 27, 2020, at 1:31 PM, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:

I had similar issue when trying to compile for the Enhanced display.  I believe it has to do with the updated Nextion editor, though I could be mistaken.  I was able to load one of the previously compiled tft files for the Basic display onto a microSD card and then transferred to the display.  The Enhanced tft from the same GitHub files did not work on the Enhanced display, not sure why.

If I were to guess, I would bet that one or more of the routines that the Nextion screen manager uses has grown, and the display was maxed out under the old development, so that when the original files are recompiled there is not enough room for the application.

Above are just guesses, I have not gone back to the older development environment to verify that.

73
Evan
AC9TU