Re: Loop antennas

Dennis Beverage

Yah, I'd like to tell you my forfathers  invented the Beverage antenna.  I've investigated that but turned up little info on it's origination.  I did have one when I was a kid building my own one tube receivers so I could lay awake at night listening to baseball games in far away places.  I was a farm boy with lots of acreage and that antenna was probably 80 yards or so long.  It was a simple antenna for a kid requiring no poles, hangars or much else.  I just laid it on the ground along a fence line.
--
Sodypop🤠