Re: Antenna Question #antennas #v3

Gordon Gibby

Be mindful of a lot of metal on the roof. We have installed antennas on the top of two professional buildings, that both had extensive metal flashing and extensive  lightning arresting systems.

These appear to create RF coupling to the antenna that we placed, and we had to move the antenna as far away from them as possible to get in and impedances to look anything like what we are used to.   When the antenna was 5-8 feet or so above all of this metal, impedances in the five ohm range were measured which should have been 50 to 75     We were forced to move antennas way off the roof to the side or above to get manageable impedances.

Gordon. KX4z

On Mar 13, 2020, at 16:38, Joel Caulkins/N6ALT <caulktel@...> wrote:

Good news Chris! It never hurts to have the landlords blessing. I hope it all works out out.

Joel
N6ALT