Re: Very cheap, 24 cent microprocessors. #firmware #i2c

Rick MacDonald / VA1UAV

One thing that really appealed to me about the MS51 when I read Tom's first post was its potential as an I/O expander for something like an ESP32. What makes it attractive for that are the I2C and SPI interfaces. And since they are so low cost and readily available directly from nuvoTon it is feasible to use them for something as simple as interfacing just a button and/or LED as well as the other applications that Tom has suggested.

I found lots of TSSOP 20 to DIP adapter boards available on Aliexpress for about 8 cents each to help get around the SMT issue.