Re: uBitX v6 arrived today - information I found while waiting.

Joe Puma

Hi Dean,

Yes I’m using CEC firmware and I know the software has an “SDR mode” in it. I don’t use it.

I tapped the IF with a resistor. Think it was 300 ohms or maybe 100ohm. I have commercial radios that have the PAT-V board and PAT-50.

Having the buffer board is the better move as I had to experiment with different resistor values to not effect my receive but also let enough signal in the SDR.  I may include the PAT-50 in the future.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Mar 6, 2020, at 6:26 PM, Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:

Thank you Joe!  I'll look for that on the V5 and see if I can figure it out.

I'm not sure I know what you mean when you say you didn't use the "uBitx if adapter mode"?   Are you using the CEC version of the firmware in your rig?  Are you using any buffer between the uBitx and the SDR or just tapping straight from the uBitx straight into the antenna port of the SDR?

Cheers and 73,

Dean
KK4DAS