Re: V5 not receiving local am stations

Evan Hand

I went back and verified that if you tune down from above 3 MHz it does go below 1 MHz.  If you accept the 100 Hz tuning step, that is a LOT of turns of the dial.  I have the Nextion display on my v5 and set the tuning step to 1 KHz.  Still a lot of dial turning.

I was able to tune in to the AM stations here in the US.

One caution: the most accurate adjustment of the master crystal is at the highest reference that you can receive.  There is a multiplication effect the lower the frequency that you use to calibrate.  I would look up a SW am station frequency in your area of the world, and use that.  The alternative is a known good frequency source (signal generator) and use that.

73
Evan
AC9TU