From: Gordon Gibby
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 11:37 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] winlink error on TX #cat #digital #v4

What are you looking at does not seem to be cat.

I think what you were looking at or controls to flip the voltages on pins on a real serial port

I suspect that WINLINK does not really do cat

That’s why we all just use amplitude developed relays

On Feb 23, 2020, at 11:21, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:

Gotcha. I’m also curios about the baud rate difference but you can’t seem to set the one for PTT. I might have to try mine out and see if it behaves.

Try matching speed on CAT control.

Joe

KD2NFC

On Feb 23, 2020, at 11:16 AM, Don - KM4UDX <dontAy155@...> wrote:

Joe -- I turned off RTS/DTS for radio and left it on for PTT....I can hear all the right audio on TX, but my beloved uBITX still ignores the TX plea...

<RTS_DTS winmore settings winlink.JPG>

The worst part about trying to figure this out is that in 90% (okay a lot more) of the time it is "user error" which is just "Don is a dope" spelled backwards. hahah.

Don