Re: winlink error on TX #cat #digital #v4

Andy_501 <andrew.webb.501.ve4per@...>

Has anyone successfully implemented CAT control with CAT PTT in a V6 transceiver? IF so How; ie is there a link to a page describing how it was done.

A C5000 audio card only has to have DC Power, TX and RX audio connections and possibly a few nylon mounting standoffs; CAT on the other hand has to have USB connection to laptop as well as datacomm connection to uBITxV6 to send config (Freq Mode commands in addition to PTT) essentially FLRig command strings . Are you implementing a version of arduino code that uses he nano usb connection to do the FLRig functions or is an extra USB port needed to be added as well?

On 2020-02-23 7:49 a.m., Don - KM4UDX wrote:
Totally yes...as the young folks say....my WSJTX/Fldigi all do PTT via USB CAT perfectly with uBITX V4 CEC1.1.

So uBITX USB CAT PTT works like a dream in all the normal digital applications.

Winmor Winlink has the SAME supported PTT via CAT USB using the configuration option below.  I, and fellow uBITXer KK4DAS aka Dean,
just can't get it working correctly.  As a wise elmer said...."Well that should work..." hahahaha.