Re: TSW Teensy 4.0 software with RTC coming soon #ubitx #v6

Jim Sheldon

Thanks Jack,
That's info I didn't have but is in keeping with what the old Teensy 3.6 we used to use needed to keep the RTC running when Vin was off.  If "self discharge" didn't kill the Cellphone battery, you and I would probably be long gone before one stopped powering that RTC - LOL.  It's a heck of a lot easier to find a place to stuff a CR2032 out of the way in a V6 uBITX than one of even the smallest of cell phone batteries not to mention many cell phone batteries are Lithium Polymer (some have blown up or burst into flames in cellphones) and I wouldn't want one of them inside my uBITX on a bet.

Jim

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/19/2020 7:50:44 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] TSW Teensy 4.0 software with RTC coming soon #ubitx #v6

It appears that the T4 RTC draws less than 30 microamps.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 8:25:02 AM EST, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

Total overkill.  A CR2032 or even smaller coin cell will provide keep alive voltage for the real time clock for close to a year or even more.  Cell phone batteries are expensive where coin cells are usually under a dollar.  I wouldn't even consider putting one of those huge cell phone batteries (compared to the size of the Teensy 4.0.)..

Jim - W0EB

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/18/2020 11:12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] TSW Teensy 4.0 software with RTC coming soon #ubitx #v6

Why not using a cellphone batt with a voltage controller. They are verry slim and power enough

--
Jack, W8TEE

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.