Portable antenna(s) #antennas #v6

KB9WOO

New to the uBITX, kits, HF, and the group.

Looking for something small, easy, and quick just to get on the air so I'm looking at grabbing a MFJ-1820T single band antenna for 20m, which was designed for the FT-817.  This antenna needs a counterpoise and the 817 apparently has a ground screw on the chassis that the counterpoise is connected to.  I thought I'd just use a clip to attach it to the BNC elbow, or I might even use a small tripod instead.

Mostly just wondering if anyone has used one of these MFJ-18xx antennas with the BITX.  There is also the multi-band 1899t.

--
Mark, kb9woo
Milwaukee, WI uBITX v6