Re: Kit ordeed but questions

Rick Tilton

Thanks Curt!  I may have more questions!

73,

Rick WK4R

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:22 PM Curt via Groups.Io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Rick

160m is easy, it just needs an external low pass filter to reject 3.6 MHz second harmonic by 43 dB or more. The stock firmware will reach there with a bunch of turns.

Best agc? None of the audio agc circuits will match what you are used to, they merely reduce very loud s9 plus signals. Opinions abound, even with this low suppression. I like the unusual vk3ye agc, perhaps because I got it to work before the others in my v4. any
Of these can be home brewed without a pc board, so try one or more.

I can't comment on 60m, and beware of the precision you need, at least here in the US of being precisely on channel. The parts do not work above 29 MHz.

Enjoy exploring the rig.

Curt

--
73,