Re: The Saga continues.... uBITX v5 Firmware update

Daniel Flanagan

OK thanks... well after much head scratching I discovered you have to
have the Arduino Nano connected into a usb port before it shows up as
a com port in device manager.

Now Xloader opens the com port and when I hit upload the led on the
nano blinks a couple of times then stops and it just sits there with
the led on. I have tried two different com ports from my two usb
ports, one is com 4 the other com 5. Both do the same thing.

How should the port be configured?

They are configured as follows:

Data bits 8
Parity None
Stop bits 1
Flow control None
In Advance settings.... Use FIFO buffers is checked (requires 16550
compatible UART)

The port was originally set at 9600 baud.... I set it for 115200
Neither setting works

Any ideas?

On 2/13/20, AndyH <ahecker@...> wrote:
Dan,

What does the computer do after you install the CH340 driver and then
plug-in the USB cable connected to the Arduino?

If it's working correctly, you won't see anything on the desktop or lower
right status area.  To see if the Arduino has been assigned a port, you'll
have to hit the control panel, then Device Manager, and look at Ports (COM &
LPT).  (The image is from a Win 10 ultimate machine but it behaves the same
as my remaining Win 7 box.)

If the driver isn't loaded correctly, or there's a problem with a particular
USB port, you'll get an error pop-up in the lower right of the desktop when
you connect the Arduino.  Sometimes, using a different USB port is enough to
'force' Windows to reload/reconfigure the driver - that will usually make it
work in all USB ports.

73, Andy, KG5RKP