Re: No XMIT, No Recv #v6

Jerry Gaffke

Try sending CW, do you get any power out?

If not, my best guess is that the Si5351 is not working for some reason.
You can verify this by bringing a shortwave receiver near your uBitx
(or bringing your uBItx over to a friend's shortwave reciever)
and listening for a carrier within 10khz of 11.059 mhz, being radiated from CLK0.
The uBitx can be in receive mode for this test, doesn't matter what frequency it is trying to receive.

CLK0 is the uBitx BFO signal, the 11.059mhz BFO beats with any incoming signal
that makes it through the 11.059mhz crystal filter.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 08:20 PM, <k7ome@...> wrote:
My V6 suddenly decided not to transmit or receive.  I did do a frequency and BFO adjustment a few days ago and had it dead on frequency.  It is possible that I may now have wiped out the settings on the EEPROM but nothing I have tried to correct that situation makes any difference.  The factory software is installed. The software operates as it should but there is no power going out and no audio coming in even when I transmit on my Kenwood (from previous tests I know that this should be working). There is no burning electronics smell and no visible damage inside the radio (I have made no hardware mods). The speaker still produces the 'live air' sound but there does seem to be an extra 'whistle' in it.  It is very cold and dry here so maybe a static charge problem?  Is the EEPROM onboard the Nano? I don't see any I can recognize on the main board. I can replace the Nano if you think that might be a solution.

Ideas?