Re: uBITX V6 heat sink temperature

Bill

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 12:11 PM, Joel Caulkins/N6ALT wrote:
[...] I have noticed that the 5 volt regulator heat sink is running at 142 degrees F or 61.1 C. That seems hot to me. Anyone else?
I put thermal paste on mine and the heat sink is running 70 C.  Junction temperature is probably 85-90 C, which is hot.  But as-mentioned it is within spec so it should last a while.  Cheap part so failure would only be an inconvenience.  I am going to reorient the regulator so the heat sink fins are vertical for a little better convection.

 - Bill  KB3T