Re: Alternatives to Baofeng mic?

AF7XT

Kenwood KMC-8A

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 7:12 AM Joel Caulkins/N6ALT <caulktel@...> wrote:
I have to say that when I first hooked up my new V6 Ubitx I measured power output on 40 meters using the Baofeng mic, it was around 8 watts, then I switched to the http://www.qrpkits.com/microphone.html mic and measured 10 plus watts. The first report I got told me the Baofeng mic sound clamped and tinny while the qrpkits mic sounded clear and full audio and I came up a couple of S units. I don't doubt the Baofeng mic will work just fine, but why not have the best audio you can? I now have a total of 5 of these mics and always get good audio reports. On a side note, I bought a Xiegu G1M SDR radio when they first came out, it came with the exact same Baofeng mic, after a few bad audio reports I decided to modify the mic by drilling a larger hole in the housing and changing the electret capsule, it sounded better but still not as good as the qrpkits mic, so now I just use them on all of my radios and always get good reports. FWIW.

Joel
N6ALT

--
one of these days I will have an internet connection faster than my computer