Re: S-Meter on Nextion Display

Richard Spohn

Thank you Ted, this is great info for me, I will research! I have sat
on the sidelines since v1, watching the uBitx develop; I am a big fan
of AFarhan, I think he is a kind of hero...and the v5 with Nextion and
CEC firmware is the way to go for me! HAPPY NEW YEAR -- Rich WB2GXM

On 12/31/19, Ted via Groups.Io <k3rta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, Richard.

The S-meter in the CEC NX_S software will work fine though some have added a
simple audio amp (LM386, etc) between a tap from the yellow (vol pot "high")
wire on the audio header to Pin 7 of the Raduino header in order to get full
range from the meter.  One then uses part of the Memory Manager software (
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/01/ubitx-memory-manager-program.html#more ) to
set the lower and upper range of the meter readings.

If you do take the time to staple in a second Nano processor into your build
and blow additional firmware into this second Nano, then add a few wires, a
small disc capacitor, and a pair of resistors, your S-meter will react a bit
faster AND you will get some extra features that are neat to play with (and
you don't need an additional audio amp to feed it).  Here's how:
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/07/standalone-signal-analyzer-i2c-type_29.html#more
This is amazingly easy to do, if you don't mind soldering wires to the Nano
pin positions. It certainly takes no more work or time than it does to wire
in a second audio amp for feeding the meter direct.

-73,

Ted
K3RTA