Re: Help with a v5 stuck in transmit.

KG5MG <kg5mg@...>

I was using a 30amp supply normally used to run a Icom 7300 with no problems as well as a 2 meter rig and public service scanner. None were being used at that time.

When I tried transmitting again nothing happened. The TX/RX light stayed lit and no power shows going to antenna. No sound on receive.

Hamp Yearwood
KG5MG 

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/24/19 3:22 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Help with a v5 stuck in transmit.

Hi Hamp,

The first problem “sounds” like there was not enough current available from your power supply – so it turned itself off and then back on and so forth. This could be caused by a dead short condition during transmit or just current overload.

There is not enough info to troubleshoot the second problem.

What happens when you try and TX again?

Jim KX4TD

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of KG5MG
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:12 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Help with a v5 stuck in transmit.

I just completed assembling a uBitx v5 and tried to put it on the air.  It lit up and seemed to be receiving but when I keyed the mic there was a chattering noise and the TX/RX LED flashed on and off repeatedly then stayed showing in transmit status.  I was connected to a resonant antenna through an SWR bridge and no power indicated going out.  I turned the radio off then back on after disconnecting the mic but the TX light stayed lit.

I have been a ham for over 30 years but have been away from the hobby for the last 15+ hears.  My current skill level is slightly above a new Technician and the only test equipment is a multimeter.

Any help in troubleshooting the problem would be appreciated.

73 and Merry Christmas

Hamp Yearwood

KG5MG

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.