Re: µBITX & QRP labs 50W PA

Ashhar Farhan

Allison,
I am basing my report in wa2eby's recommendations. My own measurement lead me to believe that between 25 ma to 150 ma, there is not much of a difference in linearity. The linearity increases only around 500ma. By then, we are roasting potatoes.

- f

On Tue 17 Dec, 2019, 3:22 AM ajparent1/kb1gmx, <kb1gmx@...> wrote:
Farhan,

No its not.  You need to be more than 100ma to get sorta on the linear part of the IRF510 bias curves.

At minimum bias you are on the very curved part of the gate threshold curve and the IMD will be poor with
crossover distortion.  Also we are not switching as its linear from transistor to transistor its complementary.

No direct email, it goes to bit bucket due to spam