Re: Frequency calibration V5

Cory King

“Replacement frequency source”.

So i picked up one of those NanoVNA’s on amazon and it can generate a constant signal on any given frequency.  I’m wondering how I can use that to set the BFO / calibration.

I have yet to find a concise YouTube video or guide on how one actually knows when the BFO and calibration are both set correctly.

my guess is for BFO I’m looking for the setting where the “tone” generated by VNA goes away— meaning the frequency on the dial is now sitting right on top of what would be the carrier.  But I could be completely wrong.

but seriously, the descriptions of “zero beat” I read online don’t click with me...   this stuff is all just math... surely somebody can describe it that way.