Re: bitx v6 is here

Dale Hardin

Farhan, what is involved in adding new TFT display to my V3?  Is the sketch backward compatible?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:30 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
All the cables and connectors of v5 are preserved as it. The only thing you need to do is to swap the 16x2 LCD for a tft display.
Unfortunately, we are selling the boxes only as a part of the kit. These boxes are so heavy that the extra money is mostlt the freight charge.

On Fri 13 Dec, 2019, 10:27 PM Cory King, <cory@...> wrote:
From what I'm reading here, unless you don't want to solder there is no reason to upgrade your v5 to v6.  v6 sounds like it is basically v5 with all the connectors soldered onto the board + a pre-wired TFT display on the raduino board.  It might have slightly different traces on the mainboard, but otherwise it is the same.

What I'm wondering is, now that all the connectors are soldered into the board, will the v6 board have thru-holes on it to solder in audio cables?  That way it is easy to hook up all those soundcard daughterboards for digital modes and/or hook up some of the Auto Gain Control cards I see floating around?  Would be cool to have strategically placed thru-holes on it to hook up some of the pan-adapters I've seen around as well.

Anyway, this seems like a pretty good evolution of this radio!

--
Dale Hardin
Elberta, AL

--