Re: bitx v6 is here

Cory King

From what I'm reading here, unless you don't want to solder there is no reason to upgrade your v5 to v6.  v6 sounds like it is basically v5 with all the connectors soldered onto the board + a pre-wired TFT display on the raduino board.  It might have slightly different traces on the mainboard, but otherwise it is the same.

What I'm wondering is, now that all the connectors are soldered into the board, will the v6 board have thru-holes on it to solder in audio cables?  That way it is easy to hook up all those soundcard daughterboards for digital modes and/or hook up some of the Auto Gain Control cards I see floating around?  Would be cool to have strategically placed thru-holes on it to hook up some of the pan-adapters I've seen around as well.

Anyway, this seems like a pretty good evolution of this radio!