Re: Done!

Jack, W8TEE

The Mag loop covers 40, 30, and 20M with an SWR of 1.2:1 or better on all bands. It's about 3' in diameter, which is why I call it "luggable". We tested it at Field day and worked CO to the East coast running 100W. We've also made over 10,000 WSPR entries all over the world, too. Chapter 14 is dedicated to building the loops and 15 covers the remote control unit. Unlike many remote tuners that rely on audio noise levels to tune the antenna, ours gives you an SWR plot on the display. It has a Fast Tune mode where it uses previous cap settings stored in EEPROM to quickly move the cap to the proper setting. The more you use it, the quicker it gets at tuning. We've tested it to 100' separation with perfect results. It's pretty cool!

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:07:22 PM EST, David Adams <david@...> wrote:

Tell me more about this mag loop controller... also congratulations on the new book.  I look forward to purchasing it!

dAve

On 12/11/2019 11:03 AM, Jack, W8TEE via Groups.Io wrote:
All:

I've been rattling on about the "new Projects" book off-and-on for about a year. Al (AC8GY) and I are sending the book to the publisher (ARRL) on Friday, completely finished and ready to go! The projects in the book can be seen in this photo:

Inline image

There are four other chapters, too, but don't result in an actual project (e.g., setting up the IDE, Intro to C, Libraries and OOP, etc.). Alas, the ARRL has stuck the new license manual in front of our book, so it appears we will miss the Dayton show. That really sucks since Al and I will be at FDIM anyway. Oh well...

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

--