Re: Installing BCI and Kit-Projects AGC

KE2GKB

Just jumping RF In/Out wont remove the agc from the circuit, It has a shunt element that would still be active :) IN order to remove the shunt element as well you would need to put the switch pads into the OFF position which will remove any bias from the Shunt FET making it high impedance/inactive.

If doing that does not make a difference I will have to ask for a better quality picture of the board so we can triple check solder work, David does an awesome job but sometimes a mistake slips through. And sometimes the 7002's break during soldering/handling we have had a non 0 amount of these in the past.

Let me know how that goes!
Tim Keller

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 12:14 PM Joel Caulkins/N6ALT <caulktel@...> wrote:
Yes I did, with a exacto knife. i made sure there was no continuity between the the two traces after the cut. Strange thing is, I can short between the RF in and the RF out and there is absolutely no difference in volume. You would think if the AGC board was dragging the level down that would eliminate the board.

Joel

--
Tim Keller - KE2GKB
https://shop.kit-projects.com