Re: uBitx V4, nextion display and other mods #ubitx

Curt

Dayne

I confess I am not familiar with that hardware set, but I tend to trust the instructions with the AGC board.  Likely the other approach of connecting just the high side of the audio at the volume control is for someone without an AGC board.  a key matter is making sure you understand the maximum voltage of the pin you are plugging into on the other side of the AGC board.  now if you tune in a huge signal (try one of the FT8 frequencies) and measure the voltage from the AGC board, you will know its level - and likely it will be low enough to feed into an arduino pin - via that suggested resistor to bound the current.

fantastic on your entry into ham radio.  great to have you in the ubitx community also.

73 Curt wb8yyy