Re: uBitX as a Shortwave Receiver?

Olivier Grand

Hello !
You can even listen long waves or lower (SAQ on 17.2Khz fo example) with the little SA612 Based VLF converter (see attached), works great
Regards.
Olivier

Le sam. 7 déc. 2019 à 14:42, iz oos <and2oosiz2@...> a écrit :

In my opinion using it just as a receiver is a bit of waste. It's an excellent choice as a qrp transceiver, but a Tecsun portable receiver like a PL660 is just more convenient with synch detector, AM, excellent SSB, excellent AGC, and you have the AM Airband as well. And plenty of volume too.

Il 06/dic/2019 01:25, "Mike Dice via Groups.Io" <regenbuilder=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
I have read over the info about the uBitX on HFSigs. I understand it receives LSB and USB, but there is no mention of it being capable of receiving AM. I am considering getting one to use primarily to listen to what's left on shortwave. Is that possible?

Thanks, Mike