Re: uBitX as a Shortwave Receiver?

MVS Sarma

The am content being mono in most countries, with ham's skill to be able to tune ssb, am listening on any side band is not a big issue. We may not need specific am or synchronus detector.  As rightly pointed out bt Farhan, we may not get 10khz on medium and 5khz on shortwave. The audio I hear is reasonable for me.

Sarma vu3zmv

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019, 7:30 am Ashhar Farhan, <farhanbox@...> wrote:
I use it to do that often. However, it is not very great for music as the crystal filter is quite narrow. You can easily add an AM detector at 45 mhz by using an NE612 as an active AM detector. The output can be fed into the volume control.

- f

On Fri 6 Dec, 2019, 5:55 AM Mike Dice via Groups.Io, <regenbuilder=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have read over the info about the uBitX on HFSigs. I understand it receives LSB and USB, but there is no mention of it being capable of receiving AM. I am considering getting one to use primarily to listen to what's left on shortwave. Is that possible?

Thanks, Mike