Re: Constant loud hum or buzz on receive #ubitx-help #v5

Cory King

Put it in a metal case and your issues will probably go away
I wonder if you could test the "common ground" theory out by just using a wire to ground one jack to another and see if it causes any change?  If it does, you might be onto something but do note that there are lots of folks running this thing inside plastic cases.

On my rig, I've noticed that that volume control wire is pretty sensitive and if it rests across the wrong thing, I get a hum/buzz.  I say this 'cause in one photo the OP has the power switch wire near the volume wires.

Gavin, have you tried just jiggling all the wires & jacks and seeing if that changes the nature of the sound?  Sometimes a little percussive maintenance is all that is required :-)