Re: How to get rid of Local FM broadcast stations #ubitx

Gavin

Ok, so are you talking about getting this http://qrpme.com/?p=product&id=BCI like suggested at http://ubitx.net/fix-bci-filter/ or another one of their suggestions? Or maybe something like in this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQenFJOjr4 ?  Or did you have something else in mind? I'm all for whichever is simplest/easiest as I am a beginner.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:20 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
well, yeah. If you have AM stations close by then they can definitely
overwhelm your frontend.

Get one of the bitx AM broadcast filters; they're high-pass filters
that drop-off around 3MHz. So yeah, you won't be receiving 160m, but
that's ok right?

-adrian

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 09:17, <gdesplin@...> wrote:

Ah, it looks like both these stations also have AM counterparts, at 1490 kHz and 1210 kHz. Does that change things?