Re: V4 TX selective failure #ubitx-help #cat

Don - KM4UDX

Why does using this radio lead to so much humiliation?  Can you see where this is going?  Turns out I was trying to "adjust" master calibration and totally dorked it up. And wasn't smart or observant enough to catch my own stinky.

Thank you Dave an Evan. You are the best. I am an idiot.

Turns out when you wack your master calibration number (and why so many digits anyway?), you make your uBTIX operate just like mine did. CW RF and CW sidetone work great, but  audio and receive get whacked.

Given it wasn't working anyway, so I had nothing to lose, I just hit reload factory defaults, and crossed my fingers.  Then I remembered that in Memory Manager I had a backup. So I fired up MM, reloaded the last save fine, and presto, I was back in business.

Proof that I am a very slow learner, I went right back into the tweaking calibration to reduce WSPRnet observed error to +/- 1 hz.

A great site for tracking your 1 or 2 way WSPR beaconing  is http://wspr.vk7jj.com/