Re: Help needed with KD8CEC memory manager

paul_hvidston

I've determined that with my just received V5 board, I cannot use the CEC memory manager when the nano is plugged in to the raduino. Seems to work fine with just the bare nano connected to a USB cable to the computer. The only difference that I can see is that the 3.3 volts generated by the CH341 chip gets plumbed to the Si5351 and may be causing the USB interface to have problems. The CH341 does not specify a current output limit, and does not even suggest that any external devices should be powered by it. Measuring the 3V3 voltage with, and without the raduino attached yields about 3.6 volts, so not sure what that says. For now, I simply remove the nano so I can connect the USB port.

Paul/N6MGN