Re: Band pass filter

Jack, W8TEE

Preston:

There's an article (A Cheap and Easy BCI Filter”, CQ Magazine, August, 2016) that describes such a filter. I built a QRP version for my 49-er that works quite well. It cost be about $0.80 to build the QRP version (perf board works fine, of course):

Inline image

Inline image

Inline image

As you can see, the insertion loss is very small, but it knocks the slats out of any BCI interference.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 11:29:00 PM EST, Preston <preston.azcpapro@...> wrote:

I am in a condo in Scottsdale, and have tried my new Ubitx on a MFJ 1622 apartment antenna and on a 40 meter half wave center fed dipole.  All I am getting is static on every band with some periodic continuous tones, although it worked in Wisconsin with a dipole.  The ARRL video on Youtube about the Ubitx says at the end, that there is an AM station within a mile that causes problems with the receiver.  They say to buy or build a band pass filter.  I am wondering if this is my problem.  Has anyone run into this?  If so, is there a brand and model that has worked for you?

--
Jack, W8TEE